The Integrity Group/Detail Prime Wins Leon County School District School Security Detail Enhancement Project.
The Leon County School District has approved a plan to utilize The Integrity Group/Detail Prime for the management of the School Security Detail Enhancement Program. Detail Prime will work with the School District, Sheriff’s Office and Tallahassee Police Department to coordinate “secondary duty” staffing for 18 schools that currently do not have a full time officer. The total value of this contract is approximately $1.3 million, including payments to participating Officers and Deputies. This deployment will occur prior to the beginning of the 2018-19 School Year.
In response to this announcement, Detail Prime School Safety Manager Rob Swearingen said, “As a former School Resource Officer myself, I clearly understand the critical need for constant police presence and participation in all schools. We look forward to working with the Schools and local law enforcement to make Leon County a School Safety Model for the state.”
This critical school safety effort is consistent with the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act, which was signed into law by the Governor on March 9, 2018. This statewide law was enacted as a result of the horrific school shooting in Parkland on February 14, 2018.
Detail Prime will provide a management and reporting system (including technology tools) that accomplishes all scheduling and management of this program, including:
- Use of the PowerDetails technology solution, implemented with all training and technical support required.
- Effectively register and constantly manage the assignment of all participating primary and backup officers to ensure that the additional need for 18 officers is met.
- Permanently assigns each primary officer to a specific school and establishes a method for ongoing scheduling to ensure full coverage.
- Send electronic reminders of assigned school location and time to begin secondary duty to all officers (especially for back-up assignments).
- Provide access to scheduling and staffing information to Officers In Charge; Principals; School Safety Specialists; Law Enforcement leadership; and others as directed by School District.
- Automatically deconflict time to be worked with regular shifts and ensures that proper “rest time” between regular shifts and school assignments are followed.
- Verify and provide biweekly payroll information to School District for payments to assigned officers.
- After approval by District designee, provide electronic payments to all participating officers.
- Allow officers a quick and easy method to report absences or tardiness. Then, the back-up officers will be notified to ensure full coverage.
- Provide an array of periodic management reports to District Officials (schools and law enforcement). This will include total officers; total hours worked; total payments made; absences; “deconflict” violations; notice of schools not fully covered; and other important management information desired by Schools and Law Enforcement.
- Provide ability for school officials to evaluate and report performance related information.
- Provide a 24/7 call center for school officials and law enforcement leadership to report non-emergency issues that challenge full coverage.
- Provide regional coordinator that will be available to coordinate the training of all participants (including technology), troubleshoot problems and monitor progress with local school and law enforcement personnel to seek constant improvements in program. Regional coordinator will also be available to assist in the development and conduct of active shooter drills and model school safety policies. They can also participate in school facility assessments, etc.